IndiaMaharashtra

200 crore for school repairs in Marathwada

Mumbai: Under the ‘Rajmata Jijau Educational Quality Development Mission’, a fund of Rs.

All the schools of the local bodies in the state have been subjected to structural audit through ‘Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan’. Funds will be made available under the ‘Rajmata Jijau Educational Development Quality Mission’ for the schools and classes which need to be repaired. In the first phase, it has been decided to repair and renovate the schools of the Nizam-era local bodies in Aurangabad.

Many government schools in Marathwada have existed since the time of Nizam. The Maharashtra Primary Education Council submitted a proposal to the government for the reconstruction of some of these schools and repair of classrooms. Recognizing this, 1,623 classrooms in 718 dilapidated schools in Marathwada will be reconstructed. 1,050 schools will be repaired. A fund of Rs 200 crore has been sanctioned for this. The highest funds have been made available to Jalna (38 crore), Beed (36 crore) and Nanded (35 crore) districts. The government will provide 80 per cent of the cost of renovating schools and repairing classrooms. Out of the remaining 20 per cent funds, 10 per cent is to be provided by the concerned Zilla Parishad. The remaining 10 per cent of the funds are raised by the school management committee from the local population or CSR. To be made available from the fund. School Repair The Chief Executive Officer of the district will be responsible for the reconstruction and repair work of the proposed schools.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.