Maharashtra

A special day of vaccination for women

 

Women are less vaccinated than men; Municipal decision to increase the number

Shailja Tiwale
Mumbai: Although vaccination has crossed the one crore mark in Mumbai, the proportion of women is relatively low. So now a special one day vaccination will be conducted for women this week.

Vaccination has also picked up speed as Mumbai has been receiving large stocks of vaccines in the last few days. As per the data of ‘Covin’, till Monday, one crore three lakh 76 thousand 713 vaccines have been given to Mumbai. About 43 per cent of the doses have been given to women and the remaining 57 per cent to men. The news that women are being vaccinated less than men was published in the July 4 issue of Loksatta under the headline ‘Women are less vaccinated than men’. To increase vaccination among women, the municipality has now decided to conduct vaccinations exclusively for women in the coming weeks.

About 45 lakh women out of 90 lakh in Mumbai have been vaccinated. Vaccination among women has been relatively low. Observations have also revealed that women avoid coming to the vaccination site due to crowds. After overcoming these problems, vaccination for women will be conducted at all the centers in Mumbai one day only, ‘said Suresh Kakani, Additional Commissioner, Municipal Corporation.

As the number of patients in Mumbai is increasing, the municipality is working hard to speed up vaccination. Last week, the municipality had organized special vaccinations for 260,000 people waiting for the second dose.

About 1.5 lakh other vaccinators were vaccinated on Saturday. Vaccination will be conducted for them again this week. Therefore, the rest of the people can be vaccinated, ‘said Kakani.

Another two lakh vaccines from Reliance

The municipality is using vaccines received from social responsibility to speed up vaccination in slums. Reliance had provided three lakh doses of the vaccine. Reliance has reported another Rs 2 lakh. This will help in vaccinating the weaker sections, said Kakani.

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.