Internet services and mobile phones have been shut down in the Uri sector of north Kashmir since Monday morning.
The army on Monday said it was engaged in a major operation in Jammu and Kashmir for the second day in a row as it was considered to be the largest infiltration attempt by terrorists across the Line of Control in recent years.
Internet services and mobile phones have been shut down in the Uri sector of north Kashmir since Monday morning. Authorities said an intrusion attempt was made late Saturday night to mark the fifth anniversary of the Uri attack. India had responded to the Uri attack by launching a surgical strike on the Line of Control which exposed several terrorist launch pads.
According to government sources in Delhi, a group of about six infiltrators managed to sneak through Pakistan. He said one soldier was injured in the shooting during an infiltration attempt. The military said an operation to track down the intruders was underway and the exact situation on the ground was still unclear. This is the first time that phone services and the Internet have been shut down in the wake of cross-border infiltration efforts.
The military has said it is the second such bid since the ceasefire agreement between the Indian and Pakistani armies in February. The military says no ceasefire has been violated since then. ” We are ready for any violation of the ceasefire. But to be honest, there was no outburst from across the border, ”said Lieutenant General DP Pandey, General Officer Commanding, 15 Corps.
He said there have been some intrusion attempts this year as in the past and they are looking for intruders in the Uri sector. “There has been an operation in Uri for the last 24 hours, in which we felt an infiltration attempt. We are looking for them. Whether they are on this side or they have gone back after trying, the issue has not been clarified or verified on the ground, ”said General Pandey.