difference between mitosis and meiosis
1) It occurs in somatic as well as reproductive tissues.
2) One parent cell produces two daughter cells.
3) Chromosomes number of the daughter cell renmains same as that of parent cell
4) The two daughter cells are genetically identical of each other.
5) Each nucleus divides only once.
6) Homologous chromosomes do do ot pair at prophase.
7) Crossing over does not occur between homologous chromosomes
8) Each chromosome is unpaired at Metaphase.
9) Centrosomeres of all the chromosomes lie on Equatorial plate during Metaphase,
10) Daugher cells are (2n) diploid ln
1) t occurs in reproductive tissues only
2) One parent cell produces four daughter cells
3) Chromosomes number of the daughter cell is reduced to half of the parent cell
4) The four daughter cells are genetically variable.
5) Each nucleus divides twice.
6) Homologous chromosomes pair at prophase-I.
7) Crossing over takes place between homologous chromosomes
8) Homologous chromosomes pair at metaphase- I
9) Chromosomes lie on either side of equatorial plate during Metaphase |
10) Daugher cells are haploid (n) in nature