IndiaMaharashtra

Misconduct in municipal road works?

BJP demands removal of white paper

Mumbai: Tenders worth Rs 1,200 crore have been invited by the municipal administration for the road works and the contractors have come forward to complete the works at a deficit rate of 30 per cent. The BJP has accused Gaudbengal of being involved in road works. Questioning the quality of road works, the BJP has demanded cancellation of all these tenders and re-tendering. The BJP also demanded in the standing committee on Friday to publish a white paper on various road works in the last 25 years.

Municipal elections are approaching and various civic works have been started. Now the corporation has issued tenders worth Rs. 1200 crore for road repairs. The contractors have responded and are willing to work at a rate of 30 to 40 per cent less than the estimated amount. Against this backdrop, BJP members raised objections in the standing committee on Friday and opposed the tender process. BJP group leader Prabhakar Shinde demanded that Mumbaikars should call for re-tenders by canceling tenders for road works paid at 30 per cent lower rates and publish a white paper on various road works in the last 25 years.

Contractors are willing to carry out road works at 30 to 40 per cent less than the official estimate. He also criticized the 2021 road scam, alleging that the office budget is inflated or the quality of work of the contractors is declining.

Mumbai Municipal Corporation allocates more than a thousand crore rupees for road works every year. Despite spending so much money, potholes are falling on the roads in Mumbai and the municipality is being criticized for the poor condition of the roads. Despite spending Rs 21,000 crore in the last 25 years, the condition of roads in Mumbai has deteriorated. The Municipal Corporation charges double / triple rate from the companies for filling the ditches dug for laying various utility service lines on the roads. To fill this variable, Rs. Rs 350 to 400 crore is put in the throat of the contractor; However, due to improper filling of the trenches, the re-contract for filling the pits and pits has been going on for the last 25 years, Shinde alleged.

‘Billions spent on potholes on only 30 per cent of roads’

There are a total of 1950 km of roads within the municipal limits. Out of this, 750 km of roads i.e. 40% of the roads have been cement concreted. Half of the remaining 60 per cent of the roads have been completed in the last five years. The maintenance and repair work of these roads is to be done by the original contractor during the liability period. To fill the potholes on the remaining 30 per cent of the roads, a provision of Rs 2 crore each in the 24 administrative divisions of NMC, i.e. a total of Rs 48 crore for Mumbai, has been made this year. In addition to this, Rs. 1,200 to Rs. Tenders are issued for works worth Rs 1,500 crore. Even after spending crores of rupees, potholes are falling on the roads. Ganesha has been immersed for two days; However, Shinde has alleged that the huge potholes on the highway in Mumbai have not been filled yet.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.