Multiple alleles definition
Multiple alleles : When many alleles of single gene are present , it is called as multiple alleles.
define multiple allelism
what is multiple allelism
Multiple allelism: the phenomenon of multiple alleles in an organism is called as multiple allelism. e.g. Fur colour in rabbits, Blood groups in human, self incompatibility in plants, eye colour in drosophila.
what are multiple alleles multiple alleles example
Characteristics of multiple alleles
1. Multiple alleles are present at definite position on the same locus in the chromosome.
2. Crossing over does not occur in multiple alleles.
3. The normal (wild) allele is always dominant over the multiple alleles.
4. The multiple alleles follow mendelian principles of segreation and assortment.
5. When two individuals are crossed together with multiple alleles one of them will show dominance.